Monday, April 17, 2006

TO CALL ME DIAL 011639184513102

Hey i am in Agoo in La Union one of the oldest towns full of old catholic churches right now. I had my first pilipino beach experience the other day - imagine jeepneys all over the beach, as many bbq's as people, nipa huts crowded on top of eachother and thousands of people. I went to a wedding and ate a dish called Bloody Mary(pig cooked in its own blood - quite grainy tasting) and I am gonna wear a traditional dress for the upcoming fiesta where I have to sing an Ilocano folk song in basically a G-string in front of the entire barangay. I had my first meeting FINALLY with the barangay council and it went well. I am the leader for my training group so I had to do all the talking which needed a translator anyways later because I talked too fast - a lil excited. We set up a community resource mapping session for the 26th so that is definitely a step in the right direction. I have been doing a lot of hiking on my free time - there are some mountains close to where I live and it is only about 90 degrees there so its a nice break - there are all these suspension bridges that look like they were made in WWII. I am leaving for Bagiuo again on the 20th to meet the rest of our group so I am definitely looking forward to that. If you want to send me something, send me some candies like skittles and reese's or Merlot and brie would be awesome maybe some chard too.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boy, sounds like everything is going well. Those pictures are awesome. I love how you went from a veggie to eating pig in blood. Bro, you have to do a post about what happens with the G-string and get somebody to take a couple pictures. That will be hilarious. On another note, Boosh is out of the coma and back in LA. His hip was operated on. I'm not sure how he's talking though. I'll keep you updated. Alright buddy, keep living it up. PEACE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home